Friday, October 19, 2007

Burma needs us now!

I am creating this blog specifically to support the people of Burma in their struggle to become free of one of the worst and most oppressive regimes that exists on the planet.
Please don't turn away.
I know it is hard to keep hearing about a situation that seems so far away on every level and yet that is exactly what allows a predicament such as this to carry on.

Your attention to this does make a difference!

Why do I care:

1) Because I live a life of privilege in a Western world and I can care because I am not struggling every day to put food on my table and so I care because I can.

2) I know that all beings on this planet are connected through the great web of life as relations and some of our relations need help.

3) I had a most extraordinary life experience that led me from my comfortable western life to South East Asia and on to a Buddhist monastery in Burma. My intention of meditating for a few days became a much longer, deeper, higher, and multi-dimensional journey that included me ordaining and becoming a Buddhist monk.
I was guided into a world filled with generosity, compassion, deep mystery, and respect. Such is the land of Burma and it's people.

4) I have personally met with Aung San Suu Kyi, the noble prize laureate and I can assure you that she and all those brave and lesser known beings that are part of the struggle for freedom are pure in their hearts and intentions and so we must support them.

Stay tuned for more,
Patrick

No comments: